Radcliff Wire is looking for a Maintenance Person to join our team in Bristol, CT.
- Trouble shoot machinery problems.
- Use equipment to make mechanical repairs, such as saws, welders, surface grinders, lathes, and bridge ports.
- Use equipment to make electrical repairs to damaged boards, cords, furnaces, outlets, and related electrical items.
- Communicate with vendors to find replacement parts, purchase new items, find best deals, and complete purchase orders.
- Aid management and subcontractors in the design and building/modifying of new and existing equipment.
- Design new machinery using existing equipment as a template while implementing upgrades.
- Modify/refurbish existing machines to meet company needs.
- Perform an active role on the safety committee.
- Be diligent in the prevention of production problems in all areas.
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Operate a forklift. Forklift experience is not required. Training will be provided.
- Other duties as needed including following all Federal, State, and Local Safety requirements and developing knowledge of company product.
Who You Are:
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to establish positive relationships and help others.
- Ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Fast learner who is quick to understand and maintain company procedures.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wage
- Defined Benefits 401K Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Highly Competitive Insurance Plan