Radcliff Wire is looking for an individual that is mechanically inclined that can be trained to operate our equipment to produce special shaped wire.
- Load and unload machines using fork trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and some lifting.
- Set up machines , checking incoming wire for proper size, following all previous orders and associated work instructions.
- Follow Quality Plan in the required order for proper inspection and documentation.
- Sample out new orders to determine process for proper size and temper.
- Use microscope for checking radii, edges, and finish.
- Move material to proper areas when completed, documenting processes for traceability.
- Maintain an organized, productive, and on-time department.
- Manufacturing wire straight and within tolerance of the specifications provided.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Be diligent in the prevention of production problems in all areas.
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Use a micrometer for inspecting wire sizes.
- Operate a forklift. Forklift experience is not required. Training will be provided in-house.
- Handle the lifting/moving of material required to perform the job. Forces used to perform some tasks may be the equivalent of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Other duties as needed including following all Federal, State, and Local Safety requirements and developing knowledge of company product.
Who You Are:
- Strong background in mechanical operation.
- High aptitude for quick learning.
- Ability to operate at a fast pace while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to establish positive relationships and help others.
- Ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
What We offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Defined Benefits 401K Retirement Plan
- Profit sharing Plan
- Highly competitive Insurance Plan